#IDVWORKSHOPS: RSVP for Planting Seeds Workshop April 26th
Join us Sunday, April 26th from 2-4 pm as we host our second Planting SeedsWorkshop with Matthew Van Diepen & Sarah Klein of Home Grown Gardens LA. Learn about the importance of growing food locally - how it impacts your health, the community, environment, and overall quality of life. Get your hands dirty, and take home a freshly potted seedling for your windowsill or garden!
Topics covered in The Workshop include:
- Why you need different soils for growing
- Growing plants in a pot vs. in the ground
- Importance of soil and consistency
- How to build and feed your soil
- Types of composting ( passive, active, vermicomposting)
- Seeds for different seasons
- Germination periods
- Why it’s important to keep the soil wet to germinate
- How to check moisture - seeds vs plants.
- Root systems
Workshop is FREE with a fee of $15 to cover materials. Please RSVP to email@example.com. Space is limited!